Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lacrosse

Before coming to Trinity, I had never played lacrosse in my life. More of an east coast sport, lacrosse really has not gained much popularity out west. Despite these facts, when I was invited to try my hand at the sport, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it out. Oh man was I in for a surprise. Fun and physical, lacrosse was absolutely not what I expected at all. With this being said, the guys that go out and play during the week are really friendly and happy to teach a new person how to play a sport that frankly, many people have never played before. Even though I was far from getting the hang of the sport, I felt like I improved in just the two hours I played. If you do decide to go, however, make sure you prepare yourself for a physical game that will wear you out. I went in thinking it was going to be a cake walk and ended up walking out beat up and exhausted. Ultimately, I had a ton of fun playing lacrosse out on the IM Field and will definitely be doing this again soon. More than likely, lacrosse is about to become a regular sport I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment